As you plan for graduation, please keep in mind the following:
1. Please order your cap and gown: All regalia needs (caps, gowns, hoods, and tassels) can be purchased at the UGA Bookstore. Contact the University of Georgia Bookstore at 706-542-3171 or online for purchasing information. The deadline to order from the bookstore is March 2, 2017. After this date, you can find the required pieces of regalia at Amazon.
2. Please call and confirm with the bookstore, when ordering: If you are borrowing a cap and gown or find a discounted selling source, please order or have the following:
- MFA Hood: Brown
- MA Hood: White
- MAEd Hood: Light Blue
- PhD Hood: Royal Blue
- MFA, MA, MAEd Tassel: Black
- PhD Tassel: Gold
- MFA, MA, and MAEd: Black mortarboard Cap
- PhD: matching black mortarboard cap or tam
3. Register for Lamar Dodd's ceremony (which is different from the large ceremony on May 5, 2017 ceremony):. The deadline for registration is April 26, 2017. During registration, you will be able to request tickets for your family and guests. Students are guaranteed 4 tickets, but may apply for more if available.
4. Graduation practice will occur on May 2, 2017. You will receive an email from Jorie Berman, regarding details. The practice will allow you to ask questions and find out more details about Dodd’s May 3 ceremony.
5. Reception to follow the Graduation Ceremony in the Atrium at the Lamar Dodd School of Art for all graduates, their families, faculty and staff.
6. Questions about how to properly wear your cap/tam and gown? Check out these videos: